|Photo courtesy of Pinterest|
Here are ten things that today just make me happy!
1. A bed that is made. A lot of times, I don't do this. I smooth out the blankets, plump up the pillows and call it a day. But when the bed is actually made with my comforter and all the throw pillows, I just feel happy whenever I walk into my bedroom throughout the day. Try it and you'll see what I mean (or maybe you already do that).
2. Fresh, clean sheets. This one goes with # 1, I guess. There's something about going to bed at night with clean sheets that smell so good. I think I sleep better that night. If that's all in my mind, then let's just go with it.
3. Boots. Oh, I do love a pair of boots. I have 3 or 4 pair, but there's always room in my closet for one more pair. A pair of boots makes me feel very happy.
4. A visit to Starbucks and Target - the dynamic duo. They just go together, don't they? And there's a new Starbucks drink - a Molten Chocolate Latte.
5. A candy bar stashed away for a rainy day. My favorites are a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup or a Hersheys Cookies and Cream. As you can see, I kinda like chocolate.
6. Sunrises and sunsets. I'm a pretty simple person and it's the simple things that bring me the most joy. Try getting up early one morning, make yourself a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise. I always think of Anne of Green Gables when she says, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." That's how I feel when I watch a sunrise.
7. I love when the snow is falling outside and all my family is home inside. It's even better if there is soup bubbling on the stove or cookies baking in the oven.
8. Black lampshades. Add a lamp with a black lampshade in your home. It adds elegance to a room.
9. Fresh flowers. During the dreary days of winter, I love some beautiful color in the kitchen. Trader Joes is my favorite place to buy tulips this time of year.
10. New York City. I really love this great city. I've been privileged to visit twice and I hope that I can go again one day. I've checked off a number of things that I was able to see while we were there (here for some of the filming locations from "You've Got Mail"), but already have a new list. I love history and old buildings. I was doing a little research about the Titanic and remembered that it was sailing for New York City. I learned that the old White Star building is still there today as well as what is left of the old pier where the Titanic would have sailed had she made her destination. Those type of things fascinate me and I really want to visit both places if I get to go to New York again. ( I love Central Park and Broadway shows, too, but I also love walking around and looking at history.)
|White Star Offices after the sinking of the Titanic 1912|
|Present day on 9 Broadway, NYC|
Photo Courtesy of RMS-republic.com
|1912 and today|
Are you like me at all in that you just want to stand on that very spot?
All that remains of Pier 54 in NYC. This would have been the Titanic's destination.
I've woken up praying for New York on several occasions asking God to protect the city and the people there. I can't explain why I have such a love for the place, but I really do.
That is my random Top Ten for February of 2016. Do any of those things make you happy, too?
Have a great week!
Linking up to: impartinggrace.com savvysouthernstyle.net homestoriesatoz.com stonegableblog.com astrollthrulife.net cozylittlehouse.com dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com momfessionals.com sept-farm.com