|Photo courtesy of Pinterest|
Here are ten things that today just make me happy!
1. A bed that is made. A lot of times, I don't do this. I smooth out the blankets, plump up the pillows and call it a day. But when the bed is actually made with my comforter and all the throw pillows, I just feel happy whenever I walk into my bedroom throughout the day. Try it and you'll see what I mean (or maybe you already do that).
2. Fresh, clean sheets. This one goes with # 1, I guess. There's something about going to bed at night with clean sheets that smell so good. I think I sleep better that night. If that's all in my mind, then let's just go with it.
3. Boots. Oh, I do love a pair of boots. I have 3 or 4 pair, but there's always room in my closet for one more pair. A pair of boots makes me feel very happy.
4. A visit to Starbucks and Target - the dynamic duo. They just go together, don't they? And there's a new Starbucks drink - a Molten Chocolate Latte.
5. A candy bar stashed away for a rainy day. My favorites are a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup or a Hersheys Cookies and Cream. As you can see, I kinda like chocolate.
6. Sunrises and sunsets. I'm a pretty simple person and it's the simple things that bring me the most joy. Try getting up early one morning, make yourself a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise. I always think of Anne of Green Gables when she says, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." That's how I feel when I watch a sunrise.
7. I love when the snow is falling outside and all my family is home inside. It's even better if there is soup bubbling on the stove or cookies baking in the oven.
8. Black lampshades. Add a lamp with a black lampshade in your home. It adds elegance to a room.
9. Fresh flowers. During the dreary days of winter, I love some beautiful color in the kitchen. Trader Joes is my favorite place to buy tulips this time of year.
10. New York City. I really love this great city. I've been privileged to visit twice and I hope that I can go again one day. I've checked off a number of things that I was able to see while we were there (here for some of the filming locations from "You've Got Mail"), but already have a new list. I love history and old buildings. I was doing a little research about the Titanic and remembered that it was sailing for New York City. I learned that the old White Star building is still there today as well as what is left of the old pier where the Titanic would have sailed had she made her destination. Those type of things fascinate me and I really want to visit both places if I get to go to New York again. ( I love Central Park and Broadway shows, too, but I also love walking around and looking at history.)
|White Star Offices after the sinking of the Titanic 1912|
|Present day on 9 Broadway, NYC|
Photo Courtesy of RMS-republic.com
|1912 and today|
Are you like me at all in that you just want to stand on that very spot?
All that remains of Pier 54 in NYC. This would have been the Titanic's destination.
I've woken up praying for New York on several occasions asking God to protect the city and the people there. I can't explain why I have such a love for the place, but I really do.
That is my random Top Ten for February of 2016. Do any of those things make you happy, too?
Have a great week!
Linking up to: impartinggrace.com savvysouthernstyle.net homestoriesatoz.com stonegableblog.com astrollthrulife.net cozylittlehouse.com dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com momfessionals.com sept-farm.com
Great list! I'd choose several of the same things. :)ReplyDelete
Hi Stacey! I'd love to read your list, too:)Delete
Love this blog. I know you even better now. Love all the things on the list. I feel the same way. I would love to travel.ReplyDelete
Well then I am going to pray that you get your wish! Thanks ,Ginny ,love you.Delete
Every single thing on this list is spot on. Spot on! I am amazed and overwhelmed when I get to stand in the same place some event took place at some time in history. When I was in Paris last summer I felt like I had to touch everything because the history is just so magnificent. I felt the same way being in NY. Also, You've Got Mail is too good. Nora Ephron is the greatest ever. & Reeses and Cookies and Creme are my very favorites too!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much, Alex! I don't think everyone gets history like that, but I'm glad you do, too!Delete
You'll have to look up the locations for You've Got Mail if you get back to NY. We had so much fun.
Thank you for writing! Blessings - Kathy
I went to NYC in December 2007 for a work trip, but we spent every free moment exploring and got to see a ton. I would love to go back someday. I'm just not sure if the kids would enjoy it. May have to way until they are grown and out of the house :(ReplyDelete
I'm glad you were able to see a lot. You'll have to go back! I loved seeing Broadway shows, but enjoyed the history of the city, too.
Thanks for writing! Blessings- Kathy