Here is a list in no particular order that you might like to know about me (or not). Here we go!
1. I watch Arthur, Good Luck Charlie, and Austin and Ally even when there are no kids in the room or I happen to be alone in the house.
2. I love fried okra. It is my all time favorite food. I will even eat it boiled. But fried okra is one of my heart's true loves.
3. Sonic is another love. Do you have a Sonic drive- in where you live? You have to try a cherry coke there or a cherry limeade. I love pulling in and ordering food. It's kind of a miracle. You sit in your car and they bring you food.
4. I had my first child at age 28 and my last child at age 42. I actually had my first three kids in one year. My first was born in February of 1991 and 9 months later our twins were born prematurely in November. I don't recommend doing it that way.
5. My favorite comedy movie is Father of the Bride with Steve Martin. . My favorite dramatic movie is Slumdog Millionaire. God spoke to me during that movie. It changed my life. I will blog about that again soon.
6.I have shaken hands with two Presidents - President Clinton and President Bush. Well, actually, I think President Clinton shook my little boy's hand who I was holding at the time. He may or may not have shaken mine. I was a little flustered. I have a family photo taken with President Bush sitting in my husband's office.
7. I grew up in church, but sincerely gave my heart to the Lord when I was 19 years old.
8. I met my husband at a Bible college in Louisiana. We have been married for 24 years and he has been a pastor for 11 years. God spoke to my heart when I was 21 years old that I would meet my husband at Bible college and that is exactly what happened.
9. We lived and worked at Teen Challenge for 14 years.It is a ministry that helps people with addictions such as drugs and alcohol. My husband graduated from the Teen Challenge program when he was 19.
10. I really miss Jon and Kate Plus 8. I still watch their old dvd episodes. Wouldn't it be great if they could forgive one another and get back together? I always pray for happy endings. It could happen.
11. I also watch 19 Kids and Counting. Michelle Duggar fascinates me. I love to watch how she takes care of her family. I love their message that each child is valuable, no matter how many you have.
12. I started out as an English major in college but switched to Elementary Education. I taught 2nd grade.
13. My brother is a police officer.
14. I have never parachuted from a plane and have no plans to do so.
15.I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I don't even know exactly why. But I truly love it!
Well, there you go. I have probably left out many interesting tidbits that I will remember at 3 am tomorrow morning. Maybe another time and another blog:) Have a blessed and happy day!
Linking up to: www.impartinggrace.com and
Soooo fun. Have a wonderful Mother's Day too.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much!Delete
You are such a fun lady...love your blogs...GloriaReplyDelete
Thank you for your sweet encouragement, Gloria!Delete
This is such a fun list! I find myself watching Good Luck Charlie even when the kids aren't around. Also, hands down, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. LOVE everything about it!!ReplyDelete
Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for writing! Glad to know you feel the same way:)Delete
I love these kinds of posts! I'm a new blogger, so I've been thinking of doing something like this too. I also loved Jon & Kate and 19 Kids and counting!! Sonic is one of our regular stops. Especially during happy hour after school. :)Enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
I love finding out about people, too! It's so fun. We just went to Sonic's Happy Hour on Tuesday for a cherry limeade:) Have a great weekend, Lisa, and thanks so much for writing!Delete
Wow, 3 children in one year. It took me 4 years to have 3! I am also a pastor's wife. We have been in ministry for 17 years. We have a youth group of 285 teens. They really keep us hopping! Life to the full! MelissaReplyDelete
I'm SO glad I have my kids, but wow, that was a hard year! What an amazing youth group you have. I'd love to know more about it. Blessings on your day, Melissa!Delete
I miss Sonic! I don't think they have any in the Bay area, or at least not that I know. There is just something special about the feeling of ordering from your car. :) And that's really cool about meeting two presidents!ReplyDelete
Yes, Sonic is great, but I can't eat my favorite tator tots with cheese so much anymore. I have to space my visits for those way out or there will be too much of me. lol Where are you from originally?Delete
Thanks for writing, Erica!
Kathy! This is Sheaffer from Pinterest Told Me To!ReplyDelete
My dad is one of my biggest supporters of my blog, and he often reads comments that people leave. Today he clicked on your blog and made a point of sending me an e-mail saying that you seemed like an AMAZING person. He was right! I've just read your 2 latest post and I am in awe of you. SO proud to have you as a reader!!!!
Oh my goodness!! I was just telling my husband about you and your blog today and now I'm looking around the kitchen trying to find him so that he can read your sweet note! Thank you so much and please give your sweet dad a big hug from me!!Delete