Here is a list in no particular order that you might like to know about me (or not). Here we go!
1. I watch Arthur, Good Luck Charlie, and Austin and Ally even when there are no kids in the room or I happen to be alone in the house.
2. I love fried okra. It is my all time favorite food. I will even eat it boiled. But fried okra is one of my heart's true loves.
3. Sonic is another love. Do you have a Sonic drive- in where you live? You have to try a cherry coke there or a cherry limeade. I love pulling in and ordering food. It's kind of a miracle. You sit in your car and they bring you food.
4. I had my first child at age 28 and my last child at age 42. I actually had my first three kids in one year. My first was born in February of 1991 and 9 months later our twins were born prematurely in November. I don't recommend doing it that way.
5. My favorite comedy movie is Father of the Bride with Steve Martin. . My favorite dramatic movie is Slumdog Millionaire. God spoke to me during that movie. It changed my life. I will blog about that again soon.
6.I have shaken hands with two Presidents - President Clinton and President Bush. Well, actually, I think President Clinton shook my little boy's hand who I was holding at the time. He may or may not have shaken mine. I was a little flustered. I have a family photo taken with President Bush sitting in my husband's office.
7. I grew up in church, but sincerely gave my heart to the Lord when I was 19 years old.
8. I met my husband at a Bible college in Louisiana. We have been married for 24 years and he has been a pastor for 11 years. God spoke to my heart when I was 21 years old that I would meet my husband at Bible college and that is exactly what happened.
9. We lived and worked at Teen Challenge for 14 years.It is a ministry that helps people with addictions such as drugs and alcohol. My husband graduated from the Teen Challenge program when he was 19.
10. I really miss Jon and Kate Plus 8. I still watch their old dvd episodes. Wouldn't it be great if they could forgive one another and get back together? I always pray for happy endings. It could happen.
11. I also watch 19 Kids and Counting. Michelle Duggar fascinates me. I love to watch how she takes care of her family. I love their message that each child is valuable, no matter how many you have.
12. I started out as an English major in college but switched to Elementary Education. I taught 2nd grade.
13. My brother is a police officer.
14. I have never parachuted from a plane and have no plans to do so.
15.I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I don't even know exactly why. But I truly love it!
Well, there you go. I have probably left out many interesting tidbits that I will remember at 3 am tomorrow morning. Maybe another time and another blog:) Have a blessed and happy day!
Linking up to: www.impartinggrace.com and