I did a post like this a couple of years back. I love reading other people's lists like this. I'm a pretty simple person and enjoy simple things. (Not that I wouldn't like to hop on a plane and travel to Italy - I would!) But I'm happy with ordinary life, too.
So here in no particular order are five things that I consider simple joys in life.
1. Watching Kathie Lee and Hoda on the Today show. I hardly ever had a chance to sit down and watch it in years past because of the time it came on in the morning. That is a busy time for me. But now that we can DVR shows, I tape it and watch it in the early evening. I love their friendship. I basically just watch the first 15 minutes and kind of fast forward through the rest though:)
2. Morning coffee! Our Keurig seems to be biting the dust, so I've been making coffee the old fashioned way. I'm breaking out in a cold sweat most mornings waiting for the coffee pot to fill. Did it always take that long?! I love my morning cup of coffee. It's one of the simple joys of life. My mornings are pretty much the same each day. I'm up very early, have my coffee, read my Bible, watch Joyce Meyer, and catch up on all my blogs.
3. The Middle. We have been watching this television show for the past 9 years! I'll have to admit that the last 3-4 seasons haven't been as funny to watch. But if you've never seen it at all, the first four seasons were well written and acted. I'm afraid I can relate to Frankie a little too well as a mom, but I especially was a clone for Sue when I was in junior high.
4. Ina Garten's Chocolate Ganache Cake. This is one of the richest, most decadent chocolate cakes I've ever tasted. It is linked below.
5. Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding. My daughter and I got up at 4 a.m. to watch the ceremony and we loved every moment. I had done the same back in 1981 to watch Diana and Prince Charles marry, and again in 2011 for Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding. I loved them all!
I especially loved how Prince Charles walked Meghan down the aisle. It was a beautiful moment.
I've prayed for William and Harry for many years now. I really have! Maybe that is why their marriages were so magical to me.
|Meghan and Harry on the way to their reception|
Do any of these resonate with you? I'd love to hear some of your simple joys. Have a beautiful June!
momfessionals.com savvysouthernstyle.net homestoriesatoz.com stonegableblog.com astrollthrulife.net tabanderika.blogspot.com
When we had cable/satellite, I used to enjoy Kathie Lee and Hoda! It just got to expensive so now I keep up with their posts on Facebook. I start my mornings in much the same way, coffee, b'fast, Joyce Meyer online and my Bible and devotionals. If I don't have my God-time first my day just doesn't go well! lol I do admit that as I've gotten older my mornings don't start quite as early, I'm not a late sleeper but I just don't get up as early. Enjoy your blogs!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Deborah!Delete
I got to watch Meghan and Harry's wedding in the airport while we were waiting on our plane to fly to Disney. I had a watch party for Kate and Wills wedding. I am definitely a royal watcher. I love Hoda and Kathy Lee. I follow the show on social media where they share highlites, so I've never thought about recording it! Maybe I should try that, too. Hope you're having a great weekend.ReplyDelete
How fun to watch their wedding on the way to someplace so fun!Delete
I love the royal family, too. I'm so happy for Harry.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete