If I were buying a gift for myself, then these would be a few that I would choose.
1. It's really too, too bad that I discovered this place a little late in life. But now that I have...
A Sephora Gift Card
Your mom, sister, girlfriend, or wife can get perfume, makeup, and lots of other things that women love - and your purchases come in a little black and white striped bag. It just makes me happy.
2. TJ Maxx Gift Card (can also be used at Marshalls or Home Goods - so,win win)
I love buying things for the home at Home Goods. Their inventory changes all the time and I love that I'm not paying full price.
3. Her favorite restaurant/coffee gift card. I love my Starbucks!
4. Hair salon gift card. I always have a mini heart attack at how the prices keep rising. A gift card would help immensely.
5. A new car with a bow on top is the thing that dreams are made of as well as plane tickets to a distant city....but really, an experience can make for a nice gift. It's as cold as the North Pole where I live, but I've always thought a sleigh ride in a horse drawn carriage would be so much fun followed by apple cider or hot chocolate.
*My son and daughter are going to Chicago this weekend to see a sing along version of White Christmas with Bing Crosby. For someone who loves Christmas, this would be a great gift surprise.
|musicboxtheater.com (Chicago, IL)|
*I don't have any interest in a sky diving experience, but maybe your wife or girlfriend does:)
*You could also purchase tickets to an event that you know she would enjoy. The Sound of Music will be playing at the Civic Center in DM next year and that is something I would love to attend.
One last experience idea. A few years back we worked at a non profit ministry. I wanted to give my husband a gift that he would remember. I wrote one of his favorite authors to see if he could possibly call my husband on Christmas. I never heard back from him, so I just assumed that he either hadn't received it, or it was just an impossible request. So, on Christmas Eve, I told my husband what I had tried to give him for a Christmas gift. He was very touched. Guess what? The author actually did call my husband on Christmas Day!
So you can basically bug your spouse's favorite author and hope that they will call them, too. lol
6. A gift card for her favorite shop.
I love going to Pottery Barn for inspiration, but I don't usually buy unless I run across a great sale, especially after Christmas. I have a lot of beautiful holiday things that I have purchased from Pottery Barn, but they were purchased ON SALE:)
7. Either a movie night at home with takeout food, or going to a special movie would be a gift I would love. I saw Hacksaw Ridge recently and really liked it. I'd like to see the movie Lion, also. Just purchase the tickets in advance and wrap it up!
These are a few of the things that come to mind. I hope it may help someone out.
I pray each one of you reading has a very Merry Christmas!! God bless you!
Linking up to: astrollthrulife.net savvysouthernstyle.net homestoriesatoz.com stonegableblog.com