I read a blog post about 40 Simple Pleasures in Life recently. That got me to thinking about the things that give me so much joy in my daily life. I didn't tackle 40, but chose to do 20 instead. So, here they are in no particular order.
1. Reading blogs/vlogs. I have about 10 that I read daily and they just make me smile. Most of the blogs I read are written by thirtysomething moms with young children. A couple of examples are www.kellyskornerblog.com and www.mixandmatchmama.com .
I have a couple of vlogs that I really like, too.
2. Clean sheets at night
3. Rainy days
4. Sunsets. Occasionally, we've driven to a lake near our home and watched the sun setting over the water. I love that!
5. A Starbucks frappuccino - non fat white chocolate, hold the whipped cream.
6. Reading - It seems I don't always have time to read a book anymore, but when I do, I'm so happy. I read The Blue Castle by Lucy Maude Montgomery a few months back. It was such a sweet, old fashioned story.
I've also read Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist a couple of times. Some books just speak to your soul.
7. Sunday dinner. Everyone is home to eat together and I really like that:)
8. Mexican food.
9. Sephora (I could wander around in there for a long time.)
10. Pottery Barn (I could wander around an even longer time in here. If you need me during the fall months, I'm most likely in there.)
11. Home Goods (Any place that specializes in things for the home is a favorite for me.)
12.I love watching my little boy describe great sport moments to me. He's so into it. I have heard all about Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, and also every NFL player you can think of.
13. Going to TJ Maxx with my daughter, Caitlin.
14. Watching a good movie. I watched Guarding Tess (Nicholas Cage and Shirley Maclaine) recently. I had never seen it before and really loved the story. I happened to see a version that blocked the curse words, so just beware that there is some language.)
15. Taking walks with my husband or one of the kids
16. Cooking a southern meal - fried okra, corn on the cob, and ham, for example.
17. Cleaning house. I just love a clean house. If you do a little at a time, it can stay clean.
18. Snapchat. I like it so much better than Facebook.
19. Re-watching a movie or television show that makes me laugh out loud. On some days, you need a little pick me up. Two that come to mind are I Love Lucy and the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Even if I've seen it before, I'll still laugh like it's the first time I've ever seen it.
20. Costco. I don't know why exactly, but I love walking around Costco or Sam's Club!
That's my 20 things for July 2016. What are your favorite, simple things that you enjoy?
Linking up to: www.momfessionals.com
Great list! I like many of the same things. Guarding Tess was a great movie.ReplyDelete
It was on again today. Thanks, Stacey:)Delete
I heard about the book Bread and Wine at one of our women's Bible studies at church. I keep thinking I need to get it. Now I really think I'll order it. Two recommendations are enough for me.ReplyDelete
It's an exceptional book. I hope you enjoy it!Delete